Please complete and return the Workshop Registration form by June 30, 2013.
Informative workshops for parents and teens will be offered on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The grandparent workshop will start at 1:00 p.m. The majority of the workshops will be discussion groups. Also, please see the information at the end regarding the need for workshop facilitators.
- Each person can attend two workshops or one 3-hour block workshop (except Teens can only attend "Teen Talk") but we are asking you to give us five choices to work with as we make the assignments.
- Once you have chosen your top five choices, list them in order of preference on the workshop registration form for each person attending.
- Email form to TripletConvention@gmail.com . Put "Workshops" in the Subject Line. Or print out form and mail to Triplet Convention c/o Kim Jones 203 Bluff Terrace, Suite #3 Silver Spring, Maryland 20902.
- Assignments will be made on first-come, first-served basis.
- Your workshop assignments will be in your arrival packet at the convention. Workshop registration deadline is June 30, 2013
1. 3 Peas in a Pod: Fraternal or identical individual identity is important.
2. Multiple "Feets": (Ages newborn to 1) Life in an exhausted state. A checklist for surviving the first year.
3. It's Mine! Conflict Resolution: (Ages 1 & 2) Defining ways to organize and structure the day. How to begin to set and enforce reasonable limits. Teaching age-appropriate conflict resolutions.
4. Preschoolers 101: (Ages 3 & 4) Limit setting, being pro-active rather than reactive, a variety of ways to structure the day and play times.
5. 1+1=3: (Ages 5 to 10) School Issues: Pros and Cons of classroom placement options. How to deal with major discrepancies in skills & abilities.
6. Parenting Teens: Enjoying the journey.
7. Kids in Sports: Parents, kids, & sports where do you draw the line? How many sports? Same team or separate teams?
8. Teen Talk! For Teens Only! (3 Hrs.): Structured for teenage multiples and siblings of multiples.
9. Spoiling is Our Game (Grandparent is Our Name): Grandparents sharing stories and pictures of your multiple grandchildren.
10. Super Dad!: The art of leading your family. Identifying and dealing with the pressures of a large family.
11. Keeping the Spark Alive!: Essentials for enhancing our marriages.
12. Cheaper By The Dozen: Tips on economizing, daily budgeting and long term planning.
13. The "Special" Child: Families of children with special needs.
14. Time Management: Learning to organize your day.
PARENT WORKSHOPS: FACILITATORS NEEDED!
I am currently working to find facilitators for the workshops and I could use your help. Most of these will be discussion groups. We can provide several discussion questions and some background information on each topic. If a facilitator has their own questions or material that is great, we are happy to discuss that with them. We are looking for people who are:
� Parents or grandparents of triplets or more who will be attending the convention.
� Balanced in their views and open minded to other's opinion.
� Able to communicate clearly and effectively, and in an interesting manner.
� Experienced, to some degree, in working with small groups leading discussions.
� I specifically need people who have expertise in the following areas: finance, working with teens, marriage counseling, and grandparenting.
- Any help that you or your group could give would be very valuable. If you would be interested, or know of someone you could recommend, please call: Kim Jones on 202-255-5091 or e-mail her at TripletConvention@gmail.com. You can also write to Kim at Triplet Convention 203 Bluff Terrace Suite #3 Silver Spring, MD 20902
To finish your registration please ensure all of the following are completed:
1. Register your entire family by filling out the registration form.
2. Fill out the Family Memory Book Form.
3. Order your convention t-shirt Convention T-Shirt Order Form
4. Download, complete, and mail the Workshop Registration Form.
5. Make your Hotel Reservation.
6. Pack Your Bags! We can't wait to see you there!